Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Skipping Ahead

Hey Everyone ~ Sorry for the Delay, my blogs were down for some time and I wasn't able to post, my apologies.  I therefore am calling this post, "Skipping Ahead" because I will be fast forwarding a week or so.

April 4th week: I had completed 2 papers - One in Investment Analysis regarding my stock screening task, why I chose the criteria, the top 5 companies that my results "spat" out and what and why I chose the company to invest in, which in fact, I did invest in the company and another 2 by the way : ).  The other paper was regarding Netflix Inc., for my Strategic Marketing Management course which had to describe a new type mission statement for them, about their product offerings and growth strategies and also dealing with the result of technology - whether it was sustaining or disruptive to them - of course technology is really the platform for Netflix, especially when talking about the means of the internet and its capabilities for them and the disruptiveness to Blockbuster, which is trading around 25 cents per share, ouch!

That finished off that Week really, had another evaluation/quiz sort in Capital Budgeting which was pretty easy, we won't be having class this Wednesday night due to a conference he is attending.  He now has changed his final to a report instead of an exam - which really is nice because I love to pour my thoughts, strategies, ideas and understandings of what we are learning than taking a MC or T/F question type test - that just doesn't show that you understand the material.  Also, our intramural team (Gamebreakers) won on Tuesday night, which is 2 wins in a row and actually we have "mercied" the team 2 weeks in a row now.  Oh on another note -> I was front page on the Buchtelite, our University paper, regarding a financial advice section, where I talked about Roth IRAs - Invest Now, especially while you are young - the main principle of the article.

13th Week of Grad School Ahead
-Investment Analysis: I believe we are simply having a lecture
-Intramural Basketball Game at 9PM
-Strategic Marketing Management - Exam #2.  If I do well on this, I don't have to take the final : )
-Capital Budgeting: No Class (Professor @ Conference)
-Miami for Caitlin's Formal Dance on Saturday night - Hope my 180,000 + Mile car makes it : )

We are in the home stretch as of right now and there are still many things to accomplish.  I received a 95/100 on my presentation in Leadership on that last Monday in March and a 94 on my Leadership Development Plan, which I keep revising and reading to really find where I am going on this journey.  I appreciate everyone reading and I truly am curious: How is everyone finishing up?  Summer Plans?  Let me know!  Talk to you all soon.

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment