Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Class Line up for Fall 2010

Hey Hey Everyone!  Today's post I will focus on the courses that I will be taking this fall:

Tuesdays 5:20 - 7:50 - Strategic Financial Decision Making = This sounds interesting simply because I use financial metrics etc., to analyze and aid in my decision making process.  This will be more on a corporation/business unit level dealing with external factors that can hinder/propel the outcome of a decision.  Definitely interested in the strategy behind making extremely important decisions in a corporation and what type of methods are used to evaluate those decisions.

Tuesdays: 8:10 - 10:40 - Financial Markets and Institutions = All about the different markets out there in the financial world.  I am sure I will deal with laws/regulation as well as deadlines and requirements for companies.

Thursdays: 8:10 - 10:40 - Corporate Taxation = This class is pretty self explanatory.   Learning tax law/code for Corporations, Shareholder information, the reporting, deductions etc.  I am excited for this course more especially because I opted to take this one in place of another course, since it will help me in the long run if I want to run my own corporation.

Next Tuesday this begins.  Oh boy.  I hear this should be the hardest semester of the program.  Eager to learn, hopefully the professors are eager to teach : ).   Talk to everyone soon and I appreciate anyone stopping by.  Question I leave = What classes are you all taking?  Any rumors on the difficulty of the class?  Best of luck to everyone in going back to school as well!

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment