Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

End of Summer & School Sessions, Fall 2010 Begins

Hey everyone,  I have been on a 3 month Hiatus.  I am back however, to speak on my last few experiences and to touch base with everyone.  Here is my summer broken down into sections:

Visitation of Mary Parish - I started working at this Parish in Akron Ohio around mid-April.  I have been there now for going on 5 months and it has been an experience thus far.  I am the administrative assistant and pretty much do a lot of the day to day operations and am striving to save the Parish money by being extremely efficient and to help organize their financial data in a much more orderly fashion.

Summer Session - 6 Credits total - I took 6 credit hours total - 3 one credit courses as part of U of A's LEAP program - Terrorism & Global economy, SAP, and Business Decision analytics.  All were experiences from different viewpoints and I am truly grateful for being a part of their first time doing these courses.  SAP was extremely intense - as we learned how to operate SAP at a minimal in less than 2 days (usually a whole semester to a years worth).  Bus. Decision analytics was pretty basic as it had a lot to do with excel functions - to which I have a pretty large knowledge base on.  I received an A luckily in all courses.
My full class that was worth 3 credits in itself was Operations Management, pretty much an intense more in depth version of Principles of Operations Management, which I took at an Undergraduate level.  We formed an awesome group for our cases, homework and project, to which we excelled very nicely.  We had one midterm and one final exam, along with weekly homework assignments and quizzes.  I definitely learned more and appreciated more of the operations and supply chain side of a business -- definitely can see where there can be jobs from this, as it is a nice way to increase effectiveness and efficiency in an organization.  Luckily, again, I received an A

Grad School GPA as of today = 3.944

San Jose California - Came back from San Jose California late last night.  Best trip in a while.  I love San Jose.  Perfect weather and perfect people.  This was for our Beta Alpha Psi National Conference meeting, to which we presented on Innovative Career Networking.  We offer many activities and events for our students to meet and network with potential employers, it is amazing.  I was very proud to present with my group and I believed we performed very well, as we received many questions and spoke with our moderator afterwards for a while to which we always stated - "you are all on top of this and are on your top game".  We enjoyed the 6 days we were out there, meeting new students from universities across, not just the US, but world.  We had great afternoons and nights, and I have created memories with my friends that will last a lifetime.

August 24th.  First day of Fall Session begins.  I am taking 3 courses, 9 credit hours total.  I will be taking 3 courses in the spring to complete my MBA finance program.  It will be a busy year - as I am VP of communications for BAP, Co President for Student Toastmasters and am currently working 35-40 hours per week.  My class schedule is nice - only there on Tues/Thurs.  Sadly, I am there until 10:40 PM, however.  I am going into this semester with a completely different outlook.  I want to learn and experience as much as I can, with as many people as I can.  I want to attack everything that I do on a daily basis with full thought and soul, to really get everything I can out of it.  I am excited to create new friendships and strengthen current ones.  Here we go everyone, Fall 2010 is going to be amazing.

I will update as soon as possible, thank you for reading and good luck to everyone on the close of their summer!!  When does everyone else start?  What courses are you taking? Post below if you'd like!

-Lanny Berlingieri

No comments:

Post a Comment