Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

End of Spring Break, Start of Week 10

Spring Break and it's lavish/relaxing days are now at an end.  I have come to realize what I love to do - Read.  Not just any fiction type book, but I mean read books that are increasing my intelligence in regards to finance, business and the like.  I have developed a large passion to expand my content and context and am eager to continue to learn - through technical information and also through personal relationships.

Spring break came to end with beautiful weather.  I had track practice to coach on the last Thursday, relaxed and read pretty much the rest of the weekend - started my Leadership Development plan (20-40 pages!!) which is due on March 29th along with a presentation.  I have knocked out 8 pages thus far to it and I can easily see it being way more than the 20 pages no doubt.

Last night: I had a track meeting with the coaches at 7pm because our practice was canceled due to rain and spoke about practices this week and the meet on Sunday.
This week = Chicago.  I will be leaving for Chicago Thursday Morning at 6 AM with Beta Alpha Psi.  We are going for our regional conference meeting and I just found out we aren't returning until Midnight/Monday at 12:00 AM.  Therefore, I need to call and request my Sunday shift off, let the other coaches know I will not be able to make it to the meet and also have most of my leadership plan done by then : (, but it will be all worth it.

I have intramural basketball tonight at 10pm, which just stinks because class for me ends at 7:50, I will write more of my paper and get in a workout at the rec before the games begin I think, simply because I don't want to lolligag for 2 hours and waste the time.  Kind of frustrated because I have been carpooling everyone in my family - the siblings for high school and even my mom because her tie-rod is destroyed - I think it may get fixed today but who knows.  So the last thing I'd want to do is stay on a campus that is 20 minutes away from where I want to be.  But oh well.

Leadership Last night was great.  It's technically the last one where we will have a discussion.  We talked about keeping power when you have a leadership role, when to give it up etc.  and also about ethics and absolute ethics.  There is a lot of what we talked about that touches on many points in the books that I have been reading, which just makes it all the better.  I am excited and eager to finish my report and talk for a few minutes on what I am most passionate bout on the topic of leadership next Monday.

I have a stock screen report due next Tuesday, and another big paper due the follow Wednesday I believe on the 7th of April, followed by a final in Strategic Marketing on the 14th as well.  I have quizzes/in-class assignments for Capital Budgeting for the last 5 weeks I would assume, until the final given during the 1st week of May.  I essentially think that I will only have 1 actual "final" during that finals week.  I will keep everyone posted on that.

How is everyone's semester finishing up?  Getting geared up for finals?  Majority of my friends are graduating in May and I can't help but feel excited for them to finish the chapter that just ended for me and for them to start on some new journey - some will be starting full time jobs in other states starting in June/July/Aug and others are starting their graduate programs in this upcoming Fall as well.  I wish everyone the best of luck, please feel free to comment your thoughts and feelings below or message me! Talk to everyone soon.

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment