Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

End of Week 9!

Heyy Everyone!!  It's Thursday which officially marks the end of week number 9 for me.  Only 6 weeks left?  Crazy huh?  The weather is already picking up - here in Northeast Ohio it has been around 45-60 degrees for the last week I would say = Phenomenal running weather and it just gives people an overall better mood.

Another Highlight: As of about 10:40 PM last night - I am ALSO officially on spring break : )  Wahooo!!!!  Thank goodness.  I now can save mileage from driving to akron, have a clearer mind when working on my blogs, free to roam wherever I'd like.  Good Stuff.  I am on spring break until March 22nd, so a solid 11 days for me.

Last night's class overview:  Strategic Marketing Management was fun - we talked about differentiation and low cost leadership type companies, how the small firm can steal market share from the larger firm in a mature market.  We brought out the experience and learning curves etc.  It was, to me, a more in depth version of a few classes mixed together from my undergraduate program.  Our professor released us 25 minutes early which was nice for some students, but that just meant I had to wait an additional 25 minutes for my other night class to start...

Capital Budgeting: Class was good, received 2 "quizzes" back and had another in class "quiz".  The scores I received were: 100, 83, 100; so not too bad.  We learned more about continuing value, how when RONIC = WACC that doesn't necessarily mean there is no value added, because your base of invested capital is still bringing a higher return in.  On another positive note: Our professor let us out 70 minutes early!! Can't beat that?

Grades Breakdown for Week 9:
Leadership: 100%
Investment Analysis: 94% A-
Capital Budgeting: 746/800 = 93.25% A-
Strategic Marketing Management = 90.4% A-

With the grades above - The capital budgeting after quiz next week, I believe will shoot up to 846/900 = 94% A; after the next Paper with SMM I should have around a 92%, Investment Analysis after my paper = Unknown (I have no idea where my grade or what my grade will be on the paper!).

Overall - Fast, Solid Week.  Grades are looking fairly decent, I want to turn those minuses to just solid A's, so I will do what I can to do that.  I will be reading a few books over spring break, which I will post on when I finish.  Any books that you would like to recommend?  What are your strategies for increasing your grades towards the latter part of the semester?  Thanks for reading everyone!!  Talk to you soon!

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment