Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Update!

Hey Everyone!  Spring break has been so relaxing!  I have been busy, but with things that I love to do.  So what exactly have I been up to?

Thursday & Friday: Relaxed, Ran outside in the beautiful weather, started reading: Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich by Robert Kiyosaki.  It's a great book and part of the Rich Dad Poor Dad series.  My cousin Brent also came over on Friday and we got a run in, discussed many important topics concerning education, college, life, what we are called to do etc.  It was pretty deep discussion.  Cleveland Cavaliers beat the 76ers, which was always a plus and on Friday Akron advanced to the MAC Championships and My friend Mike and his brother Zach found tickets online for us to go.  Game was Saturday at 6 at the Quicken Loans Arena

Saturday: Got a workout at The University of Akron's Recreation & Wellness center at around 2:15, went back to Mike and Zach's apartment and I made them Pasta and made a pretty good sauce with chicken in it.  We went to the game at around 4:35, Akron was Facing Ohio University for the MAC title and a bid to the NCAA Tournament.
Damn.  Damn.  That's all I have to say about the game.  It is a shame knowing that you're team is much better than the other, but it just wasn't their day.  OU had 2 very good players, but I would never consider them a team.  We are so spread out and have good overall players that trust and count on one another.  Wow Moment - Steve McNees drains a 3 with under 15 seconds to go to TIE the game and put us into OT.  He Then hit another 3 with around 1 minute to go to tie it 75 a piece in over-time.  His and Akron's efforts weren't enough to stop OU's Bassit and Cooper.  Tough, mentally draining loss.  Next year fellas, next year.  You did phenomenal this year, 24-10, and thanks for a great season.

Sunday: I had work at the Parish Office and just relaxed.  Watched the Cavs beat the Celtics - Always a great recovery from the Akron Zips loss.

Monday: Took my brother & sister to high school and then went to my cousin Brent's house for a run, a little business action to help him build up a donation amount for his journey to Bethlehem Farms.  He is going on a 1 month retreat from Mid-May to end of June.  I may go down for a few days to do some service work.  Before our run, we prepared a Pumpkin/Apple/Banana bread and placed it in the oven and afterwards nibbled at it a little bit at a time.  It was phenomenal.  Then, we played monopoly with him and his gf, which is always a good time.  I then had to coach HF track practice at 6:15-7:45ish, which was just a fun time - 140+ children from grades 3 - 8, it's quite the party!

Today/Tuesday: So far, I have taken the siblings to school again and went over to Brent's for another run.  I just finished the run and am typing this now!  I brought over my book and other things to read and take care of while I am here.  It's weird taking myself away from homework/studies for a few days and relax the mind in that manner.  I think today/tomorrow I will begin back up and prepare for the week(s) to come.  I have my fall semester planned as well, to which I will talk about in a later post once it is finalized.

Other than that, it's been a whole lot of running, relaxing, and eating some nice food.  Pretty good.  Thanks for stopping by!  What have you all been up to on your spring break? Any interesting ideas that I should consider? Please Post!

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment