Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 8 So Far: Car Fixed, Great Class, Economic Analysis

Hey everyone!  How was the weekend for you all?  Mine was busy and stressful, but hey what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right?  Well anyways, it's a nice Tuesday morning and I am relieved of a few things.  To Begin:

My Car is FIXED!  Yes -- You have read it, my car is officially fixed!  My guy fixed the brake line and I drove to my Monday night class last night.  That was the first time in over 4 weeks that I drove my car, it just felt weird, ya know?  It took from 12:45 PM - 6:45 PM to get it all completed, but hey we did it, or he did it - but I was there to help.  He was only going to charge me... you ready for this... $80 for it!  I thought people weren't so nice these days?  BUT I couldn't just pay him only $80 for the job, so I gave him $120 - I wonder if he noticed yet - he put the money just right in his pocket w/o counting.  I did receive a call from him during my class, but I couldn't answer, I wonder what he was calling about : ) Parts were under $30 so we can round out the job to being about $150.00  AMAZING.  Anywhere to get a completely new brake line is going to cost hundredS with the emphasis on the s at the end.  My brakes still feel as though there is too much give, but my guess that is the air that will work its way out.  Car is Back. Phew.  I hate Cars still, HATE THEM!

Monday Night Class of Leadership = AWESOME!  We got our open forum where the teacher rarely talked and we just spoke about our "conversation starters" that we turn in online and just speak and listen.  It's awesome.  You hear so many different perspectives on things and it is great.  Plus, the class goes by faster that way and we got out at 10:29 = 11 minutes early!  Overall - Good class time, but I WAS DEAD/EXHAUSTED!

I came home and finally got to eat something, as I was busy all day.   I ended up staying up til probably close to 2:00 AM because my body was just heated from class and working on the car ALLLLL Day.  I thought I'd fall right to sleep but I was wrong.  Woke up at 7:30 today so I am feeling the effects of tiredness.  I will go to bed early for sure tonight, if my body allows.  I will try these new methods that I wrote about in an article: How to Sleep At Night.

Today I finished my Economic Analysis/Forecast for this upcoming year for my Investments Analysis course.  I like it.  I just talk about the federal funds rate, inflation, tax incentives for small business/business owners, monetary and fiscal policies being used etc.  What is great and why I like it is - it all makes sense.  If you'd like to read my forecast, let me know and I can send you a copy and you can tell me what you think!  That report is due tonight in our class, so I AM SO GLAD it is out of the way : ).

Next on the Agenda is studying Capital Budgeting, Going to the Bank and autozone, BAP/AA Accounting Meeting, Get a workout in (I NEED IT) and clean up the garage.  All in All an extremely productive day!

How is everyone's week looking?  For students, some are on their spring break right now, such as University of Dayton and John Carroll, and others - this is their Mid-Term and they are bombarded w/ exams!  Good luck to everyone and keep at it and STAY FOCUSED on your goal/destination!  Talk to you all soon.

-Lanny B

No comments:

Post a Comment