Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Life Happenings Outside of School...

It would be obvious and easy if I said that it would be nice if one could put full focus on one thing at one time, in my scenario - school.  Paying over 4 thousand dollars for this semester, I think I deserve to put that at full attention.  However, life does not let it.  There are so many things going on right now that one cannot risk putting one focus on one thing, or else, we could fall.

Besides school, my car is currently in shambles - brake line has been out/not right for 4 weeks and it currently is not starting - when it started 2 days ago : (  I am sure that it takes just one good jump, but it's funny - I was having a guy come over to look at and probably fix my car's brake line/hose/whatnot TODAY - that's not happening.  That has been consuming my mind.  Others - Deadlines for other things besides school, track is starting up for the grade school, friends want to hang out (and its extremely difficult when you don't have a car!), groups & associations at school, basketball practice & games, keeping track of my mother's finances and the list is endless - as I am sure all of yours are too.

I also signed up for 2 summer courses at The University of Akron.  One in the first five week session and the other in the second five week session.  I think that will cost somewhere b/w $2,500-$3,000 - so it's exciting, crazy in a way I know, to build that amount up for that.  I have been using online streams of income to help provide funding which is nice, which can be found on my other blog sections.  So I will take 6 credit hours in the summer, 9 in the Fall and 9 next Spring to finish up... then CPA studying Time.

Sorry to get off topic - keeping the mind clear, focused, unstressed has been so difficult this semester.  The whole car thing has drove me completely crazy to the point where I think cars are pointless.  I hate them.  The average person probably pays b/w $1,500 - $2,500 per year just to drive their car.  This is just including gas, insurance and an oil change or two.  Some are way higher and some are probably lower, but it's the fact about how much of an expense it is to drive.  It makes one kind of wish I was in Japan and I had my house, my work and shops all in one central location within walking/biking distance - you never know - maybe I WILL set up something of the sort : )  

Thanks for listening to me rant, I needed to get some things out and maybe go back to work on this economic analysis paper.  Anyone else having a rough weekend?

-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment