Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Friday, February 12, 2010

End of 5 Weeks!

Today marks the end of my 5th week of graduate school thus far. I am currently taking 10 credit hours: Capital Budgeting, Investment Analysis, Strategic Marketing Management and a Leadership course (1credit). The semester is very different from undergrad, different students, different ways to think and evaluate material and very in-depth. Classes are 1 night a week for 2.5 hours at a time, which definitely has been strange adjusting to that.

So far, I feel as though these weeks are simply zipping by. I can barely grasp on what exactly happens during these weeks, but I find myself reading more and more each day, to my satisfaction though. Which brings me to point this out - I remember being younger in school and HATING to read material, reading the chapters etc. Now, I find myself enjoying it and having a more appreciation for the material I am learning. This could be, because I am applying a lot to what life is bringing, this could stem from me getting older (currently 21 years old) and being affected by how the world has been changing.

Classes are interesting. Interesting in the fact that I have done accounting for 3.5 years and the other intertwined side of business - finance - is such a spectacular avenue to study. Not only that, but, as told to my peers, being a 21 year old American is a minority!! There are people from all over the world, much older too, in my courses, and they have stacks of experience compared to mine. Some are from India, China, Israel, Australia, Argentina; to name a few. What has been great is you get to experience new cultures in these courses. I feel that is so beneficial, to understand one's country and how it completely differs or can be somewhat similar to ours.

There are about 85 days left until this semester is over and merely 28 days until "spring break" for me. So far, I have enjoyed it in a way that I only have to drive to campus twice a week, but the cons are - not being able to go to the recreation center as much, seeing your past accounting friends etc. I will post again after more time has passed to further update. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment