Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Recap of Monday's Class & Last night's Exam

Hey everyone, it's Wednesday and I thought now would be a great time to throw down a post.  I just had my first Monday night Leadership course and, to say the least, it was incredible.  Our professor is very knowledgeable on the topic and has wrote his own book(s) on leadership.  It's an open-forum type course and I think that is a phenomenal way to teach - We learn more by seeing different views from others - and that is what this class brings: People from China and Korea are in the class and of all ages; which brings way different point of views about topics.  We had to give a little speech at the end about what leadership means, who is a leader, etc., etc..  It was a nice way to finish the class, because you get to know everyone's backgrounds, their viewpoint, and most important, their names!  I don't know how many classes I have taken where I finish the end of the semester, not knowing more than 5 members names, it's terrible.  That is part of the reason why I am excited about this course - to get to know more people on a professional and personal level.  We have our conversation starter due Sunday night for our discussion on Monday.

Last Night's Investment Analysis Exam.  Well, it wasn't TOO bad, but I did become confused on a few of the questions, because, of course, there was a famous answer "None of The Above."  I mean come on, why or what is the point of throwing curveballs on an MC portion of an exam any way?  I know it propels you to be confident in your answer, but when you see that, it makes you think, "Oh, well maybe NONE of these are correct?"  It is a total mind trick!  Therefore, I probably guessed on around 6 of the questions.. which is not good, because there were only 33 questions.  I hope I can get at least 2 of those correct, which wouldn't hurt too bad then.  Overall, I overstudied, read the chapters that was not necessary, and just wasn't efficient.  Not efficient because the hours I put in to studying is not going to produce the higher grade.  I could have studied a small fraction of the time by just reviewing power points and still, more than likely, would have received the SAME GRADE.  It's okay though.  We have an economic analysis that is due next Tuesday night, oh boy I am excited.. joking, it should actually be interesting to write your own research and findings on the subject and this subject I am VERY interested in, such as Fiscal and Monetary Policy - changing the money supply and interest rates etc., etc.  

Tonight I have 2 classes, of course, and will probably write about them and close this Seventh Week.. wow, 7 weeks done, really?  that is insane.  I have about 15 days until spring break and around 69 days left until this semester is over.  Strange. I know.  Thanks everyone for reading.  By the way, how does everyone else feel about the MC answers of None of the Above and/or All of the above? Drives me crazy!

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment