Background Information About Me

Hello, I am Lanny Berlingieri and have been born and raised in Northeast Ohio in the Akron area. I attended The University of Akron for undergrad, earning my Bachelor's of Science in Accounting (Fall 2006-Fall 2009). 2010 was then approaching quickly and I had to decide on what I was planning to do in the middle of my last semester. I have a full-time offer with Crowe Horwath starting September 2011, which gave me around 21 months in b/w graduating and starting. I therefore took the GMAT and began taking graduate courses this semester (January 2010) towards an MBA in Finance.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

End of the 6th Week And Post-Test Feeling

Hey Everyone!  Welcome back.  This now marks the end of the 6th week of being a graduate student in the MBA Finance program.  I just completed my first exam, as described in the post below, and it was "so-so".  The essay wasn't too harsh, but the multiple choice were tricky!  I Thought for sure that the MC would be the portion that I would excel at, but it could have been in reverse.  There were so many I could break down to 2 answers and it could either way... maybe an argument brews among the class with the professor next week?  I hope so : )  Regardless of the exam, my first paper I turned in last week was returned back before taking the exam.  I gained more confidence before the exam, because I received a 100, but that soon dwindled as I drew puzzled on a few of the MC questions.  All in all, I know where my grade is RIGHT NOW and that will help me sleep tonight!

In my capital budgeting class, I received a quiz back from last week and I did very well (102%).  I have to keep this pace up because I botched one the very first week of class.  So, I have steadily inclined to a comfortable position in that class.   Lecture today though was intense but interesting in what we learned, I wish everyone was there to witness the theory behind a lot of these equations and analyses.  Good class today, that is all.  And we were let out an hour early - no complaints there!

Next on the agenda: Exam in my investment analysis class over about 6 chapters or so next Tuesday the 23rd.  Also, my Monday Leadership class starts for the upcoming 5 Mondays in a row (8:10 - 10:40 it sucks).  I am interested to see who is in the class though and find out what it is all about and see the professor's teachers methods.

Well everyone, it's late and I should get my sleep!  Thanks for everyone who has read this and if you have comments please post below and talk about your education path, upcoming exams and endeavors!  Take care and good night!

-Lanny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment